Conscious Parenting Lecture 3: The Case Against Teaching
In a world that is trying to turn your child into everybody else through teaching and indoctrination, in this 2-hour lecture Naomi turns the common fixated beliefs upside down so we can discover how children learn. We will explore how to open doors of knowledge and skill for a child without undermining her natural direction and her innovative methods of discovery. Learning to read without teaching. Inventing math when self-directed. How to nurture musical talent without undermining the child’s natural gifts. Cultivating the child’s natural strive for excellence. Freedom, not license.
- 1. Introduction – The problem of teaching
- 2. Learning happens best self-directed
- 3. Striving for excellence
- 4. Question: How to find good teachers
- 5. Question: Distinguishing over-teaching from guidance
- 6. Question: Teaching to read at very young ages
- 7. Question: Correcting speech?
- 8. Question: When a child is frustrated with striving for excellence
- 9. Unschooling vs. Freedom
- 10. Question: How exactly to respect a child’s freedom
- 11. Question: How much media to allow children
- 12. Question: When a child appears to thrive on media
- 13. Question: Eating healthy
- 14. Question: When children want too much
- 15. Question: Husband got an iPad
- 16. Question: How long to not allow sugar?
- 17. Question: Recommendations for healthy goodies
- 18. Question: How to enter a competition without ego
- 19. Question: What to do with a child eating snot
- 20. Question: When a stranger gives your child sugar
- 21. Question: Creating excellence in children in areas unfamiliar to you
- 22. Comments of support for restricting sugar
- 23. Question: When a child asks why he felt what he felt
After purchase you will receive link to download mp3 file.
We accept credit card and cash payments through PayPal. You DO NOT need a PayPal account to use our shopping cart. You will choose your credit card type at the Billing Information page. We also accept check or money orders made out to Naomi Aldort.
PAYING BY CHECK
Please mail your check to: Naomi Aldort, P.O. Box 1719, Eastsound, WA 98245. Then use the contact page to contact Naomi Aldort and notify her that you are sending in a check.
Please select “Check payments” during checkout.