“In the past, I have argued with my husband about parenting ‘till I was blue. I offered things for him to read, but nothing was as effective as this weekend’s workshop. I, too, saw the light on so many things that I wouldn’t have without seeing and hearing Naomi Aldort in the flesh. You cannot know what great impact this has had on our family and on the greatness that we will become.”
A mother in Texas
Information and Guidelines for Organizing Live and Online Workshops and Speaking Events
Naomi Aldort offers a variety of parenting and education lectures and workshops, live or via Skype/phone, to meet your needs of caring for your baby, toddler, child, or teen in all areas of living and learning as well as nurturing yourself.
Raising Our Children Raising Ourselves
What is the workshop about?
The R.O.C.R.O.S. workshop (including the advanced course) is a deep and freeing experience of awakening to your own parental wisdom and inner peace. Most of us were given too many messages that we should be other than who we are which in turn is obstructing our clear view of our children and eroding our parental confidence. This course is about regaining your connection to yourself and through it your clear ability to see your child and therefore be able to create a space that allows her/him to optimize himself not in your shadow, but in his/her own light.
The child receives from us many messages we do not intend to give her/him. When we think we are teaching good behavior, responsibility, or learning habits, another message is so much louder. The messages the child is likely to perceive instead, are often those of, “Be other than who or how you are,” “You are not all right,” ”You are not loved or not enough,” and “You must change,” or ”Life is a struggle,” causing resistance, defiance, stress, anxiety, aggression, family discord, sleep and learning issues and even sickness.
In this workshop, you will transform your emotional state of being, so your children can stay true to themselves. You will master the ability to convey messages that empower and inspire and watch your child flourish and cooperate as a result of feeling right about him/herself.
We will use dialogue, individual emotional processes, drama, pair, and small group exercises, and deep inquiry into what is actually true and liberating (using The work of Byron Katie combined with my SALVE formula, Dr. Virgina Satir’s people-making dramatizing, and more. I will also provide direct instructions with tools and skill-building strategies, healing family games, and lots of in-depth answers to your questions.
Raising Our Children Raising Ourselves
Who can benefit from R.O.C.R.O.S?
The parents who participate in this workshop are extraordinary people. They are often the parents who do not follow in the footsteps of their own upbringing but instead are blazing a new trail in childrearing. Whether you have serious problems, or simply wish to do the best and find where you can learn more, you will benefit from this life-expanding
and radical departure from the normative shaping of children. If you think you have nothing to learn, I invite to contribute your wisdom to others, but also to come and discover what you are blind to.
What you will learn in this workshop is not so many new tricks (although that too will be plentiful), but rather what you don’t know that you don’t know – which is where all regrets live.
We will shift the paradigm from controlling to discovering. We will dissect and learn from every issue you bring up; from birth and breastfeeding, tantrums or sleepless nights, to behavior, social issues, attachment, aggression in children, teenagers, siblings, relatives, marriage, social needs of children, sharing, praise, education, homeschooling, gadgets/media, your own issues, fears and anxieties, obsessions, special needs, talent, discipline, emotions, bedtime, cooperation without punishment, health…gender equality, and much more.
Participants are not parents who are doing something wrong, but rather those who are looking for better ways to raise emotionally resilient, powerful, peaceful and loving humans. They are often the parents who already are committed to respect, trust, and love. They dare to ask questions, to doubt, and, to recognize their own weaknesses and emotional reactions that get in the way. This workshop is about learning to bypass your reactions and return to love in each moment with each child.
Online Classes, Small Groups, and, Private Sessions
Naomi Aldort offers workshops via Skype, Google Hangout, Zoom, or other web platforms of your choice.
To find out about workshops or lectures in your area or to organize one, call:
(360) 376-3777 or Contact Naomi
BABIES AND TODDLER
- The baby’s need for physical closeness.
- The emotional and physical needs of babies and toddlers.
- When my baby cries inconsolably.
- A good night’s sleep for Mom and Baby.
- Nursing and bonding.
- Tandem nursing.
- Planning another birth.
- Siblings – solutions that bring peace.
- Biting, throwing, and hitting – detecting the need. Enhancing brain development of babies and toddlers. Owning our birth giving.
Toddlers – to tame or to trust: sharing, tantrums, behavior, nursing, car rides, aggression, weaning, sleep, food, and more.
- Instead of “no” – the art of voluntary cooperation.
CHILDREN’S BEHAVIOR AND EMOTIONS
- Preventing difficult behaviors and generating peace at home.
- Raising emotionally resilient people.
- Empowering self-reliance and self-esteem.
- Healing/preventing jealousy.
- Peaceful solutions to non peaceful behaviors.
- Empowering children to heal from past and present hurts.
- The social needs and skills of children.
- Communication that melts tension into love.
- Special children special gift.
- Respect is not just being nice.
- Living in peace with children: Chores, bed time, meals, car rides etc.
- Health and eating.
- A question of manners.
- Trusting your teenager.
- The teenager’s need for independence and for guidance.
- Keeping a close connection with your teen.
- Depression and fears.
- Emotional difficulties.
- Social challenges of teenagers.
- Sexuality and the search for identity.
- The teenager’s need for power.
- The parent as a counselor.
- Healing symptoms of distress: speech, sleep, food, tics, soiling, other.
- Living happily after trauma.
- Removing causes of aggression and healing the angry child.
- Play therapy, art, and other healing tools.
- Making educational choices: School? Private school? Home learning?
- How praise and rewards damage the learning process.
- Trusting the child’s learning process.
- Timing, and optimal brain development.
- How emotions affect the ability to learn.
- Talents and special needs.
- The development of creative and critical thinking.
- How praise damages self-esteem and what to do instead.
- What is SELF-esteem and how to nurture it?
- The subliminal messages that destroy the sense of self-worth.
- Communication that empowers positive action and being.
- Does your child/teenager know that you love her?
- Saying “yes” without giving a license.
PARENT’S EMOTIONS AND NEEDS
- Raising our children, raising ourselves.
- Loving your child when you are bursting with rage.
- From reaction to empathy, the road less traveled.
- Taking the struggle out of childrearing.
- How to respect your child without disrespecting yourself.
- Nurturing yourself.